A heartfelt thanks to all of you that have contributed to the NMSU Theatre Arts program and The American Southwest Theatre Company. Your patronage allows us to provide the highest quality of education for our students and to bring quality shows to the public.
Our current students, our alumni and our faculty staff appreciate your long term interest in our program.
Of course every year we begin anew and giving is always in season, so if you’d like to continue supporting our program, or perhaps become a first time donor, we certainly welcome you to peruse our many scholarships and other areas for donation here within the Department of Theatre Arts.
Opportunities to donate include our student scholarships. As you’ll note some of these are current use and therefore require continued funding and others are endowed. Some scholarships also have a preference in regards to the student recipient:
- Caroline L. and Frederic C. Thompson Endowed Scholarship – the preferred recipient has a musical theatre concentration with proven skill in singing and an interest in education.
- Dr. Joe Denk Memorial Current Use Scholarship – the preferred recipient has a concentration in acting
- Eve Yoquelet Scholarship
- Kimberly Ming Theatre Arts Scholarship – must be junior or senior level
- Sharon Beth Kallick Memorial Scholarship
- Sutherland-McManus Memorial Theatre Arts Scholarship
- Theatre Arts Endowed Scholarship
- Theatre Arts Scholarship
- Thomas A. Erhard Endowed Playwriting Scholarship – an student interested in playwriting preferred
Other ways you may donate would be to the American Southwest Theatre Company. This is the non-profit producing branch of our program and puts funding into performances, guest artist contracts, and student travel scholarships to advance their participation in the profession.
We also have sponsors for certain shows, and always welcome ads in our program. Please contact the department office for any of these opportunities.